1. DEFINE IN A FEW WORDS YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE IES CABO ORTEGAL.
· In one word, my experience here has been warm. I am so grateful for the kindness of the teachers, who have been willing to help me with everything from Spanish to lesson planning to getting to Cariño each day. And the students have made me feel very welcome and appreciated—thanks, guys!
2. HOW DO YOU FIND THE STUDENTS ENGLISH LEVEL?
· Excellent! Both in the way they write and the way they speak.
3. DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE IMPROVED YOUR SPANISH LEVEL?
· I think I have improved my Spanish a lot this year—and even picked up some words in Gallego!
4. WHAT WAS THE MOST SURPRISING THING FOR YOU ABOUT GALICIA?
· The beaches are incredibly beautiful. I'm from California, and I thought I knew beautiful beaches, but they do not compare to the cliffs, rocks, and water on the coast here.
5. AFTER LEAVING SPAIN, WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE?
· I will go back to California to live close to my parents and sister. I will hopefully find work again as a graphic designer, which was my work before I came to Spain.
6. DO YOU OFTEN GO TO LIBRARIES, OR DO YOU PREFER TO BUY BOOKS?
· I like to read books from the library first, and then, if I really like them, I buy them from a book shop. I love having books I enjoyed to lend to friends.
7. DO YOU ENJOY READING?
· YES. I love reading so much that sometimes I cancel plans because I need to finish a book. Is that bad…?
8. HOW OFTEN DO YOU READ? HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU READ A YEAR?
· I am always reading something. Usually I spend about two weeks on a book, so I read about twenty books a year.
9. WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU READ?
· All kinds! Usually I prefer fiction, but I also like reading memoirs and historical nonfiction. This year I have read everything from science fiction to Don Quixote.
10. WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?
· Right now I am finishing a book called Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie.
11. WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK? AND WHY?
· My favorite book is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It has everything I love: history, lovable characters, romance, and writing that flows. AND it's about books!
12. COUlD YOU RECOMMEND US A BOOK FOR TEENAGERS?
· In high school I read To Kill a Mockingbird, which I think everyone in the world should read! It is a beautifully told story with important themes, and of course you will fall in love with all the characters.
13. DO YOU OFTEN BORROW BOOKS IN LIBRARIES OR DO YOU PREFER TO BUY THEM?
· I like to buy my favorite books after I have borrowed them from the library, to be sure I like them first, and to be able to share them with my friends and family.
14. WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THE READING HABITS OF AMERICAN TEENAGERS?
· Because English classes in the US always assign reading to students, I think most teenagers read for school during the school year and for pleasure in the summer. In the summer time, many libraries have contests for who can read the most pages, and my mom always made me and my sister enter the contests, which gave me a love of reading from an early age!
15. DO YOU PREFER TO READ WITH EBOOKS OR WITH PAPER BOOKS?
· In general, I prefer paper books because I love how they feel and smell. But because it is hard to find English books here in Spain, this year I have made a habit of reading eBooks, and I like them more than I expected!
Esperando que sempre se lembre deste pequeno, marabilloso e carismático recuncho de Galicia, desexámoslle o mellor no seu prometedor futuro!!! GRAZASSS!!